Red Door was started as a church-based nursery school in 1964. Since that time, the school has grown into a diverse, non-sectarian, highly respected regional early learning center. From a population of 20 children in the church nursery school, Red Door now serves nearly 100 students in several different programs. We offer these programs: Primer – half & full day (3 y.o.) Pre-K – half & full day(4 y.o.) K-Kids- half day (5 y.o.) Kindergarten – full day (5 y.o.)
Our current management team has a combined 60 years of experience in the early childhood industry. Our current teaching staff is made up of degreed professionals who are highly committed not only to the children they serve, but to the success of Red Door Early Learning Center.
" Red Door has established itself as the pillar of education for our preschool children "
Red Door has become the safest place outside of my home for my children. I feel like it's a home away from home. Every year Red Door continues to offer a stronger, better program for our children. The staff is priceless!! I really believe Red Door has established itself within the community as the pillar of education for our preschool children. I am lucky to have had 3 of my 4 children spend their early years within the Red Door program.
In addition to developmentally appropriate foundational concepts for early childhood, we are always enhancing our curriculum with the following fun, creative and unique program components:
- Developing resilient children
- Offering an intentional and purposeful curriculum
- Teaching mindfulness through mind-body-heart connections
- Increasing exposure and creating connections to nature
- Physical, mental, emotional and social growth through healthy choices
- Being socially responsible
- Developing critical thinking and personal responsibility
- Developing authentic relationships with our students and families
- Teaching children to be curious, ask questions and look closely